Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Today was a beautiful day, and we had a great time celebrating Easter. Noah, Hannah and Kohl (my sister's kids) came over and we had a great Easter egg hunt. They ran all around my front lawn looking for these little plastic eggs (filled with candy, of course) that the Easter Bunny (their dad) hid only minutes before the hunt. It was great. Kohl enjoyed his first Easter egg hunt ever (it rained last year and the year before that, he was too young) even though I think he was still a little young to fully grasp the concept. He kept taking the eggs out of his basket and throwing them as hard as he could at the ground. Maybe he was trying to break them open to get the candy out, but there are ways to do that without getting the candy dirty. So I demonstrated how to open the plastic eggs to get the candy, and he decided throwing them on the ground was still more fun. So he kept doing it. It was really quite funny. So anyway, we had a great day.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before or not, but I'm thinking about going back to school. I think it's time to start working on my Master's. So I'm going to start doing some research on that. One really great thing is, if I decide to go ahead and do it here, the Communication department at University of South Alabama (where I got my undergrad degree) is something like 13th in the country, so it's a good place to go. All I have to do is take the GRE and apply. Then there's the financial aid issue, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. I was talking to Rhea this weekend about it, and she agreed that I'll have to do things very slowly if I want to keep working. And I do want to keep working. So I'm going to take the next step toward what I ultimately want to do. I've had this particular desire for quite some time, to be a college professor, to teach communications classes. I've always thought it would be fun to teach speech. I'd love to be the one to help the shy students feel comfortable speaking in public, and to help the not-so-shy students refine their technique so that they can be truly great communicators.

So anyway, I'm looking into it. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment