What to say? My name is Anita. I've been writing this blog for quite awhile now and it
has seen me through lots of changes in my life. From school to career. From single
to happily married. From wife to mother. From living with my parents to purchasing a
home with my husband. This "About Me" update was done on 10/20/12.
100 Things About Me
I've seen this on other people's blogs and thought it might be fun. I'm just typing
these as they come to me, so they are in no particular order, lol! So here goes...
1. My middle name is Elisabeth.
2. I have an older sister.
3. I'm very close to my parents, especially my mom.
4. When I feel like I'm not in control of my life, I rearrange my furniture.
5. I like the beach during the day, but I love it at night.
6. I'm a writer.
7. I'm an actress.
8. My work history is in public relations and fundraising, but I am currently a stay at home mom.
9. It takes a lot to make me angry.
10. I met my husband online.
11. We got married on October 30, 2011.
12. We had a son on September 18, 2012 and another one on December 18, 2014.
13. I have learned to let go of little annoyances.
14. I have ADHD and dyscalculia. Neither were diagnosed until I was an adult.
15. I don't like tomatoes unless they are on a tomato sandwich or a BLT.
16. I'm a closet sci-fi geek.
17. I studied opera in college and sometimes I sing arias in my car when I'm alone.
18. I love jazz.
19. I think roses are beautiful, but also a little sad.
20. I am an ambivert.
21. My favorite book is Fahrenheit 451.
22. My favorite poet is Walt Whitman, favorite poem of his is "O Me, O Life"
23. I can't write poetry.
24. I love "fancy" coffee, but not "regular joe."
25. I play computer games to unwind.
26. When I get mad at someone, I write them into a story as villain or victim.
27. I have two dogs and one cat.
28. I love Italian food.
29. I love accents.
30. I am allergic to cats, but not my cat.
31. I love to dance, but I'm not very good at it.
32. My favorite painting is Van Gogh's Starry Night.
33. I love Charlie Brown.
34. I have an awesome nephew named Noah, who is the light of my life.
35. I have a beautiful niece named Hannah who is my little princess.
36. My sweet and incredible nephew named Kohl is my cuddle bug.
37. I have horribly embarrassing nicknames for my sister's kids, lol!
38. I always wanted two children and that's what I had!
39. Stress makes me perform better.
40. Sometimes I need to be alone.
41. My sister and I have very different taste in clothes.
42. My sister and I have very different taste in men.
43. I have a few close friends that I've known most of my life.
44. I want to travel the world.
45. I've mostly worked in the nonprofit sector.
46. I am in my forties but I still don't feel like an adult.
47. I've written 3 novels, but none of them have been accepted for publication yet.
48. I'm determined to get a novel published before I die.
49. I wish I went on more picnics.
50. I'm a hopeless romantic.
51. Chick flicks are my guilty pleasure.
52. Okay, chick lit is a guilty pleasure too!
53. I sometimes wish the book I'm reading would go on after "the end."
54. I get terribly addicted to TV shows.
55. I love to make lists... obviously!
56. I haven't worn a bathing suit in years.
57. I've lost 80 pounds, gained a few back, and am working on losing about 50 more.
58. I'd rather buy gadgets than clothes.
59. I love to knit and crochet.
60. I dye my hair.
61. I am not a morning person.
62. I sing in the shower.
63. Show tunes make me happy.
64. I am crazy in love with my wonderful husband.
65. I love the Harry Potter books but not the author. She's kind of a douchecanoe.
66. I wish I could write a series of books that become that successful.
67. I have an idea that has potential, but it's going to take a lot more work.
68. I believe in ghosts.
69. I believe in spirits.
70. I am a Christian, but I'm not religious.
71. I dislike organized religion.
72. I prefer white wine over red.
73. I like some kinds of beer.
74. I sometimes wish I could go back and do things differently.
75. I put people I know into my stories sometimes.
76. I never put myself into my stories.
77. People tell me I look like Drew Barrymore.
78. I wish that was true.
79. I want my life to make a difference in the world.
80. I crave adventure.
81. New experiences are exciting to me, but also a little scary.
82. I Google myself about once a month.
83. When I meet someone new, I Google them when I get home.
84. I love to get comments on my blog!
85. Several years ago, I started taking pictures as a hobby.
86. My phone is my favorite object.
87. My political beliefs are different from most of my family.
88. My IQ is 130
89. I want to go to graduate school.
90. I love hearing other people's stories.
91. I am genuinely interested in people and their lives.
92. I am a Scorpio
93. I was born in the year of the Dragon, and so was my oldest child.
94. My Myers-Briggs personality type is ENFJ.
95. The descriptions for Scorpio and ENFJ are very accurate.
96. I wear contacts or glasses. Mostly glasses now.
97. I am a democrat.
98. I love my kids more than anything in the world.
99. I always try to show compassion to everyone.
100. I believe the world would be a better place if nobody had hatred for anyone else.