Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ankle update - Day 19

I forgot to add a little ankle update. It's Day 19 of my broken ankle adventure. I'm actually getting a little better on the crutches. They still hurt under my arms quite a lot, but my right leg is getting stronger from so much use. The cast is a strange thing. Because it doesn't have any flexibility, when I spend an entire day without elevating it, my leg swells a bit and the cast feels really tight. But then when I wake up in the morning (after having it elevated all night while I sleep) it feels loose, almost like it might fall off. Well, not that loose. Anyway, I just think that's really odd.

I took a very small step yesterday, with lots of support from things around me. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I'm still going to play it safe and not take any more steps until a week from tomorrow, when the doc told me I could start walking on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment