Monday, April 03, 2006

Day of randomness

Today was a day of random happenings. But none of them were bad, so it's all good. The fundraiser is going really, really well. Today was a great day for it. The calls and follow up is starting to pay off, because we are starting to get phone calls ordering tickets and tables, and we got a new sponsor for the event today that was pretty unexpected and really great! So some of those calls were pretty random. Then I got something in the mail that was random, a work-related project that had to be done very quickly. In a few hours, to be exact. So that's what I spent my afternoon doing.

Rhea called me (randomly) this morning to tell me that she got a new phone and to say we should hang out this week sometime. I agree. I love going to movies and spending time with Rhea. It's cool to have a friend that you've known as long as we've known each other. We're really more like sisters than friends. Anyway, her new phone is just like mine, so now we have matching cars and matching phones. I think we might be a little too close.. lol...

Then Scott called and asked me if I wanted to go to lunch. So that was another random thing that happened today. Random, but nice. I have forgiven him for the April Fools prank but I will not forget....

Anyway, it was a random day. I guess that kind of thing makes life interesting. On another note, I'm reading "Little Green Men" again. I read it a long time ago at Rhea's suggestion and it's really, really funny. It's by Christopher Buckley, who also wrote "Thank You for Smoking," which is now a movie out on limited release. I wish it would come here, but it's only out in 126 theaters, none of which are within a 100 mile radius of small town coastal Alabama. That's one strike against my town. Limited release movies don't always make their way down here. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD. But I really think "Little Green Men" would make a great movie too. It's so funny. I had actually forgotten about how funny it was. Reading it again has been a treat. It's also been a welcome change from Stephen King's "Cell," which I haven't been able to finish. It's just really, really graphic... and it makes me want to stop using my cell phone. You know, it would actually make a pretty good movie too, a really gross movie, but the plot is really interesting.

So I've rambled a lot tonight, but it just fits with my random day. I'm going to stop now and watch a few episodes of "Sports Night." And by the way, if you've never seen that show, run out and get the complete series on DVD. It was a really great show, cut down in its prime. Very funny. Seems like that happens a lot. Everytime I get attached to an inventive, funny show, it gets cancelled. Almost makes me want to stop watching TV... almost...

No comments:

Post a Comment