Thursday, April 20, 2006

Good to get out


Today, after work, I went to my favorite coffee house (The Coffee Loft) and then down to the Fairhope Pier. I didn't feel like going home right away, and the beach is always a great place to spend a little time. In fact, it's where I usually go when I need some peace, some time to think, and a little relaxation. So I went down there today. After everything that's been happening in the last couple of weeks, it was a welcome experience. And the best thing? The roses were still blooming. So I got some pretty pictures in the process! I haven't been out to take pictures since I broke my ankle, so it was nice to get back to that too. Since I've been walking for the last couple of days (walking casts are great!) I felt comfortable walking around with my camera. I took tons of pics, including the one posted here. I love roses. The scent is heavenly. Anyway, it was good to get outside today, to see the real world and truly spend some time enjoying it. I feel like I haven't done that in ages.

Things with the fundraiser are going great! We only have a few more tables to sell, and we have 24 restaurants signed up. It looks like this event will be just as great as last year. Our other major event is coming up too, a massive food drive that stretches across two counties in our service area. My mother is always involved in this one, so it's kind of a fun thing we do together. And this year, I think Noah might come too. I hope he does. It'll be good for him to volunteer his time, it can help him learn the value of giving of yourself, which is a lesson I think every child should learn pretty early on. It just helps them grow up to be generous, giving adults. We need more of those in the world.

Here's something completely random: I got Pink's new CD yesterday and it's great! I got it at Wal-Mart, so it's the clean version of all the songs. I love "Stupid Girl." And the second song on the CD is good. I can't remember the name. There's another one too, number 9, but again, can't remember the name. Oh, and I bought The Killers again. I actually own the CD, but haven't been able to find it for a few months, so I just decided to buy it again. It's soooo good. I've decided that my favorite thing to do is driving in my (new) car with great music playing and the sunroof and windows open. Something about the wind in my hair, the sun shining through the sunroof, and the music playing... it's just great. I actually look forward to getting in my car now.

So anyway, things are good here. I'm trying to decide where to go on vacation this year. I'm thinking it might be fun to take a little trip by myself this year. Maybe a condo on the beach or something, a place where I can write and relax. Anyone have any suggestions??

2 comments:

  1. Galveston Texas. . . . San Luis Hotel or the Hilton or the Galvez. . . my favorite beach place in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. I've actually never been to Texas (except for an hour at the Houston airport) so it would be an adventure!

    ReplyDelete