Sunday, April 02, 2006

An easy mark

Last night, in the middle of our date, my boyfriend told me it wasn't working for him anymore and that he thought we should break up. At first, I thought he was joking, but he kept insisting he was serious. So I started to believe it. And it felt awful. Then, when he saw that I was buying it hook, line and sinker, he smiled mischeviously and said "April Fools." Sooooo mean....

So that got me thinking. I'm an easy mark. Always have been. People love to tease me. But the thing they don't know is, I actually love to be teased. I think it goes back to my dad, who won't tease you unless he likes you. So obviously I grew up being teased every day by him. You would think that growing up with constant teasing would make me a little less likely to believe someone when they tease, but it didn't have that effect at all. It's strange.

But back to the April Fools joke... he did it at 10 minutes to midnight, so I couldn't think of a way to get him back quickly enough, but he needs to watch out because I'm going to get him back one day. Hear that, Scott? You will be paid back for this!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. There is a fine line between prank and cruelty as a friend of mine recently pointed out. Sounds like Scott came awful close.

    Make the payback a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it would have come close to the line if he had kept it up longer. Luckily it was less than a minute before he admitted it was a prank, so I didn't suffer long.

    But you know what they say about payback. It'll be great.

    ReplyDelete