Just because there's nothing else to do...
1. What's one thing you wish you could do but can't?
Fix people. I always want to make people better, to make them happy. And I just can't do that, because people have to make themselves happy.
2. What should you be doing rather than this survey?
3. What is your ideal marriage location?
Anywhere that my family and friends can share the happiness.
4. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
Guitar and piano.
5. Favorite fabric?
Anything light and airy, especially this time of year.
6. Favorite song?
Seasons of Love from Rent
7. Something you love and hate?
I love how beautiful the world is, especially on a sunny day. I hate intolerance of any kind.
8. What kind of bedding do you use?
Soft cotton sheets and a comforter. Nothing fancy.
9. What kind of soap do you use?
Caress body wash. It smells delicious!
10. Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
No way! I don't kiss and tell.
11. What's the one language you want to learn?
Chinese - just because.
12. How do you eat an apple?
I cut the peel off in one long strip. Then I cut the apple into pieces, taking out the core. Depending on my mood, I will sometimes put peanut butter on the apple pieces.
13. What do you order at a bar?
I rarely go to bars anymore, but my favorite drink with dinner is a margarita for Mexican food, of course, and if it's Italian, a nice Merlot.
14. Have you ever pierced your body parts?
Not personally, but I did have my ears pierced when I was young. Nothing else.
15. Do you have tattoos?
No, although I did consider getting one once. I wanted to get a butterfly, but I won't say where...
16. Would you ever admit to having done plastic surgery of any kind if confronted?
I would never have plastic surgery done. I think our society is too vain, and I refuse to cave to that pressure and undergo surgery just to be pretty.
17. What's one of the "funnest" things you've ever done?
Going to Disney World with my nephew, Noah. He was so much fun!
18. Can you drive a stick shift car?
Yes, but not well. I don't like driving them, though. I like to have my hand free to mess with the radio and the sunroof, lol.
19. What's one trait you hate in a person?
Just one? I can list more. Hatred, anger, intolerance, negativity, I could go on and on...
20. What's your favorite TV show of all time?
21. What kind of watch(es) do you wear?
An Italian charm watch with charms on it that mean something to me, including charms with places I've been and places I want to go, words that give me strength (Faith, Hope, Love) an Earth charm because it's important to take care of our home, an orange ribbon charm for hunger awareness, a cross to show my faith, and more...
22. Most frivolous purchase?
I once paid waaaay too much for a pocket computer. I love it, though.
23. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
Not really. I like gadgets and I don't think I would enjoy life as much without technology, but I can do without most material things and be happy.
24. What do you cook the best?
25. Favorite writing instrument?
I love the physical act of writing with a nice pen. But I mostly use a keyboard.
26. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
27. Do you have anything monogrammed?
Not that I can think of.
28. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
Not on purpose, but I often wear pants and jeans, and guys wear those things. But of course, I wear ladies pants, not mens pants, so I guess that's the difference.
29. What's one car you will never buy?
A Chevrolet Cavalier (I've owned two, neither of which I actually purchased myself, and I will never own another one.)
30. Have you ever done drugs?
31. What kind of books do you like to read?
Mysteries, satire, scary, chick lit, inspirational (not self-help)
32. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
Pay off student loans and then pay off any bills my parents have. Then I would take a trip to Europe. With Chris and Rhea.
33. Burial or cremation?
34. How many online journals do you read regularly?
Look at the ones in my links list and you'll know.
35. What's one thing you're a sore loser at?
I hate, hate, hate losing at Trivial Pursuit. And I ALWAYS do.
36. If you don't like a person, how do you show it?
I usually avoid them.
37. How many drinks before you're tipsy?
2 long island iced teas and I'm pretty much gone.
38. Favorite kind of porn?
I've never actually seen porn.
39. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
Yes. I don't change in front of anyone.
40. Do you cry in front of friends?
It's happened a few times, but I don't like when it does.
41. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
I've been told I come off as a little flaky at first. And most people tell me I'm too nice.
42. What's one thing you like to do alone?
43. What's the worst thing you ever said to someone?
I told my sister that she was not my sister. I still feel awful about it, over 10 years later.
44. Are you a giver or a taker?
Giver. Sometimes too much of a giver.
45. What have you stolen before?
Does downloading music count? I used to use Napster (before the legal battles began)
46. When's the last time you cried?
47. What's your favorite way to communicate?
In person, so I can see all the nonverbal signals.
48. What is one thing you don't leave home without?
My car. (lol)
49. What's the most painful experience you've ever had?
Having my tonsils taken out. And more recently, breaking my ankle.
50. What is something you feel very strongly about?
I actually have lots of "causes" that I'm passionate about. Ending hunger, ending child abuse, protecting the environment, preventing animal cruelty, intolerance, fair treatment and equality for everyone, peace... there are so many more...
I think there is more truth in number one than a person could reasonable expect to digest in one sitting.ReplyDelete
Failure to understand that basic truth is the source of so much disfunction and pain.
Ed, you are absolutely right. And it's something I struggle with, and have always struggled with. I always want to make people happy. It makes me happy to see other people happy. But I know I can't be the one who fixes people. Only God can do that.ReplyDelete