Friday, June 10, 2005

Revenge of the Sith best of new trilogy

Well, the Star Wars saga is over when it comes to the big screen. I have to say, with the low quality of the writing in the first two movies of the new trilogy, I wasn't really looking forward to Revenge of the Sith. Now having seen it twice, (once with a friend and then with my nephew) I feel qualified to comment. Here's my comment: yuck.

Okay, that's not fair. The dialogue was awful, the acting (for the most part) was terrible, the plot needed some serious help and can someone please tell me how someone who is about to give birth has "nothing to live for?"

I think that was the thing that irritated me the most. Stupid girl dies of a broken heart when she has two children to take care of. And D.V's "noooooooooo" scream at the end was the worst thing I've ever heard.

Good points: The special effects were very cool. Ewan McGregor was awesome. The music was beautiful.

Everything else was mundane and sometimes embarassing.

Oh, the best part is the end. The very last image in the film was absolutely beautiful. It was an awesome nod to "A New Hope" and the only way they could have ended the movie, in my humble opinion. It almost redeemed the elements of the ridiculous. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment