Monday, June 13, 2005

New Summer Shows Interesting, Fun

It used to be that the networks played their new shows during the school year and reruns during the summer. But now, the networks are doing new shows during the summer, too. And believe me, I am not upset about this at all! So during the long summer months, while I am waiting for new episodes of Lost, Alias, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, and Numbers, I can watch three very enjoyable shows with new episodes each week.

The Inside
Airs on Fox on Wednesday nights. Premiered last week. It's off to a great start, as I found myself glued to my TV during the premiere. The premise, at first, seems like a standard procedural drama, but as the show progresses, it looks like there's more than meets the eye. The story surrounds an FBI team that investigates serial killers. There's a new female agent (I just knew her name, but it left me right before I was ready to type it) who is very much like the profiler on that show, "Profiler" that was on TV years and years ago. She can "see" murders happening so can use the clues during her "visions" to help solve the crimes. It's interesting. The Web site seems to suggest that something happened to her in her past that makes her able to do this. Even if the acting was bad and the stories were awful, I'd probably tune back in just to see what happened to her. It'll probably be the season-long mystery. Anyway, I'll be watching this to see how it unfolds.

The 4400
Sunday nights, USA. They only had a few episodes last year on USA, but it appears to have caught on pretty well. It's a great series, and since it's a returning one, I won't go into details. But the second season is looking great so far. Summer Glau (Firefly, Serenity) was in the first episode of the new season. She was great! The second episode was this past Sunday night and it was just as good as the first. The story seems to be focusing on the baby (Isabelle) that was born to one of the 4400 ladies. The baby seems to have some kind of special powers and can make people kill themselves and can hurt people in strange ways. Very interesting.

The Dead Zone
Finally! New Dead Zone episodes! Also airs on USA on Sunday nights, this season of The Dead Zone seems to be focusing more on Greg Stillson and his role in the upcoming apocalypse. I've been waiting for this for a long time. The Stillson story really interests me and I want to know what happens.

So summer will have some entertainment after all, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment