Friday, June 24, 2005

Batman Begins: hopefully not the end


Yes, the first Batman movie was amazing, and yes, the ones following it pretty much sucked. But if there was one thing that could save the Batman franchise, it was Christian Bale! And save it he did. Bale plays both the tortured Bruce Wayne and the mysterious Batman with gusto and total commitment, drawing the audience in and not letting them go until the very end. I literally found myself wanting more, more, more after this movie ended. Seeing how such a great and mysterious character began was interesting and enjoyable. Seeing how the now-familiar suit and Batmobile originated was just as interesting. The fight scenes were all very well done. There's something about a good looking man in a mysterious suit fighting bad guys that is just very exciting! :)

One warning, young children would probably be frightened at some of the images in this movie. There is an emphisis on fear and panic, and there are many images in the film that really bring that fear and panic to the audience.

But for the adult, even if you're not a comic book fan, Batman Begins is a beautiful film with an important message, wrapped up in some of the best action and drama you will find in theaters right now! I'd say it's the second best movie I've seen all year (Serenity being the best, of course.)

One other thing I'd like to add is about the music. It is incredible. I was more affected by the music in Batman Begins than I was by the music in Revenge of the Sith (and I'd say the music was one of the strongest parts of Revenge of the Sith.)

So Batman Begins is a great film, a fabulous adventure, and an awesome cinematic experience. It's a great movie to go see while waiting for September 30 and the release of Serenity! (just had to say that!)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:52 PM

    I have seen batman twice... great flick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:15 PM

    I haven't seen it yet, but I want to! Really I'm more a Spiderman girl than Batman but it still looks cool. All angsty and whatnot.

    (In case you're wondering I came across your blog through NaNoWriMo.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:11 PM

    Thanks for your comments, both of you!

    Rebecca, I love Spiderman too. Of course, that may have a lot to do with the lovely Tobey McGuire! But Christian Bale makes an awesome Bruce Wayne and Batman. It's great!

    ReplyDelete