Sunday, November 06, 2005

Week 2 of NaNoWriMo

Okay, so by today, I was supposed to have 10,000 words and I'm stopping at 15,000. I think that gives me enough cushion for the days ahead. In a couple of weeks I'm not going to be able to write every day, so I'm trying to plan ahead.

Today, I planned to do at least 3000 words and only managed 1000. I really hope this is not an indication of how it's going to be the second week. My biggest problem today is that my head hurts. I mean it really hurts! Probably because of the 4000+ words I did yesterday. I don't ever want to do that again!

So is this what it's like to be a professional writer? Until today, it has come pretty easily, and I think the only reason it didn't come easily today is because I'm not feeling well.

I keep going on the NaNo boards and seeing people who hate their stories. I feel extremely lucky (blessed, really) that I actually love my story and my characters. I do hope it's good enough for publication when I'm finished.

Oh, progress report on the characters... they know they care about each other, but can't be together just yet. They have to wait until he's not her teacher anymore before they can have a real relationship. So there's lots of angst and longing going on right now. Which I can relate to, lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen next. Tomorrow, though. Definately not tonight. Tonight I need to watch Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, and go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Devon,

    Thanks for the encouragement as well as the advice. I was a journalist for a year and I know all about forcing yourself to write even when you don't feel like it. The hardest part of that job was trying to make city council meetings interesting. You had to be pretty creative to do that, lol! It's funny, though. I usually never have trouble being creative. I've never really had writer's block. The only time I have trouble writing is when my head hurts, which was yesterday. Today it does not, so I look forward to writing many words when I get off work this evening!

    I'm so jealous that you are a professional writer. :) You are living my dream! But I'm going to keep trying because it's something I've always wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete