Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Progress meters

Okay, this is just a quick rant. Every progress meter I've tried for my NaNo progress on my blog has crashed. The first one (the one I really liked) crashed yesterday and the person hosting it is not going to put it back up. I put the second one up last night and it crashed this morning. Is it me? I guess I'll know if this new one, the third one I've tried, crashes before the end of the month.

On a slightly related note, I'm loving my blog makeover! I'm playing with settings and adding links and other fun stuff like that. When November is over, I plan to give The Casual Critic a little makeover too. I've neglected that one a little recently, but not because I don't want to write. I haven't been to any movies lately! That's very strange for me. I usually go every week. Hopefully I can get back to that, because it was fun!

Anyway, I hope this progress meter works for the rest of the month!

4 comments:

  1. Actually, Devon, I got the link for that meter from your blog! Thanks! (oh, and I hope you don't mind that I put a link in mine for yours.)

    I actually don't mind redoing the side bar so that I can have my meter there. I'll probably keep it even after NaNo to measure my progress on other projects. I've been bitten by the writing bug and the infection is spreading! lol

    Anyway, I really like this meter, so thanks for having it in your blog. I wouldn't have found it otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming that many of the places hosting progress meters are having bandwidth problems. After all, more people are participating in Nano this year than previous years and perhaps all the traffic is overloading their servers. This is usually what happens to overly popular web widgets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sure that's what is happening. There are so many people looking for progress meters for their blogs and sigs, etc. I'm hoping my new one will be okay, though, because I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the one in my blog sidebar from Writertopia. Here's the link if you want to check it out.
    http://writertopia.com/toolbox/meters

    Good luck with your novel - here's to 50,000 words!

    ReplyDelete