Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Not that big a deal

Okay, so 29 isn't really that big a deal. I know it's true, but last night, after having a lovely conversation with my friend Chris on the phone, I was thinking about life, love and other mysteries. And after the clock struk midnight and I realized I was only ten days away from being a year older than my mother was when she had me... well... it was a little sobering for a moment. But I'm okay now. Mostly because I know that I am a totally different person than my mother and there are other things in my life that I can be proud of. Besides, anytime I start feeling sad that I don't have a child, I can spend time with my sister's three kids. I immediately feel better about my status when I do that! They are wild! Sweet and wonderful, but wild! lol

But anyway, I received some encouraging and sweet messages (comments here and emails) after I posted my last entry and I appreciate all of them.

But the song lyrics still resonate, and I will continue to say the words in my head. It's not what you accomplish in your life, it's your friendships that are ultimately important. And in that department, I think I'm doing okay. :)

I love all of you! Thanks for being my friends. You are all so important to me.

*this cheesy post is over, we now return you to your regularly scheduled blog entries*

No comments:

Post a Comment