Saturday, April 21, 2007

Opening night rocked!

We killed. I mean, we really did! I've never had such a rush, never experienced anything like that before. There was laughter, there were gasps, there may have even been some tears.

I had forgotten how much fun it was to be in front of an audience. I had forgotten how much I loved it.

You know, I've been thinking about it alot. I've realized something. Things I loved when I was young were abandoned when I got married and then divorced. I abandoned them because, in the course of the marriage, I changed into a completely different person who didn't really want to be in front of people. I lost the confidence that you need to do something like theatre. Professionally, I've gotten a lot of that confidence back, but personal confidence has been very difficult to get back. I think this experience has helped me retrieve some of that enthusiasm and confidence I used to have. It's a long road, but I feel like I'm on the right path. This is so good for me and I'm glad I did it.

1 comment: