Friday, December 01, 2006

Lazy Day

Today was a lazy day and I loved it! I did nothing but watch Scrubs on DVD and play The Sims 2. The only problem with having a lazy day is that it doesn't provide much inspiration for the blog, so I decided to do a meme. I found a great holiday one, and since it's the first day of December, I decided to do it. So here it is, The Holiday Meme!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with massive marshmallows!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them, of course!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? It depends on if I’m doing a theme. A few years ago I did a beautiful blue, silver and white theme on the tree and it was really nice. But most of the time I just do colored lights and the crazy ornaments that I’ve collected throughout the years.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Of course!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Depends on what’s going on in my life. This year, I put them up a few days after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My family has this stuffing recipe that is to die for! And no holiday is complete without green bean casserole.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Being Mary in the church Christmas play when I was 14. Also, the year my dad got hurt a month before Christmas and couldn’t work. My entire church got together and bought food and gifts for us and delivered all of it on Christmas Eve. That Christmas morning, we woke up to a feast and presents that we were not expecting.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 9 and I saw my dad making footprints going from the fireplace to the tree.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My family gets together on Christmas Eve and opens all the gifts that evening so that my sister’s family can do their holiday thing on Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The usual.. lights and ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It never snows here. I wish it would, especially on Christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, although I haven’t done it in a few years.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A Cabbage Patch doll when I was 10.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Sugar cookies!

16. What is your favorite Holiday Tradition? Going caroling with my church choir.

17. What tops your tree? I alternate between an angel and a star. This year it’s the star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? I love candy canes, for eating and decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment