Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A day of writing

I spent the day writing today, but it wasn't fiction. Our quarterly newsletter deadline is approaching, and I am the editor, which actually means I write almost everything, lay it out, and then edit the entire newsletter. After that, I pass it on to my boss, who makes changes, and then we print it and send it to 6,000 people. Today I did a lot of the initial layout and some of the writing. I'll be finishing up by the end of the week, which is a little early, so that's good. I love the publications part of my job. It's such a fun way to communicate with people, and I can be creative, which is always good. So anyway, it was a good day. I'm getting back to the grant tomorrow, but will still be working on the newsletter. Multi-tasking is fun, isn't it?

Really, work can't get any better than it is right now. I really feel comfortable with my job, and I know I'm doing well, but there are still challenges to overcome and new things to learn. That's the way a job should be, I think.

I'm doing some planning for next year's writing. I want to start the year with several outlines and/or ideas so that I can just jump in and get to work. I think 2007 is going to be a great year for work and writing. I just hope it's a great year for my personal life too...

No comments:

Post a Comment