Friday, December 29, 2006

good times... good times...

I went out with some friends last night and we really had a great time. First, we went to Indulgence to sit and talk, and ended up playing cards. After I beat everyone at Rummy, Rhea and Chris attempted to teach me how to play poker. Learning to play poker is one of the things on my 101 in 1001 list, but I think I need a few more lessons. How do you remember all the hands? Of course, I've been told that I will be a horrible poker player because I can't bluff. Now, it's true that in real life, my face pretty much reveals what I'm thinking, but I can probably employ some of my acting skills (if you can call them that, lol) while playing poker.

Anyway, we had a really good time last night. We met up with Jeff, a friend from high school (and the first guy I ever slow-danced with.. lol) and that was fun too, since I hadn't seen him in 12 years.

I paid for the fun, though, because I only got 3 hours of sleep and had to get up for work this morning. We did inventory today, which means lots of numbers. I'm not good with numbers. But we got through it and we got to leave early too! So I'm planning to go to bed early tonight so that I can meet up with some other friends (and some of the ones that were there last night) at Soul Kitchen tomorrow night to see The Molly Ringwalds (again!) on Saturday night. As for New Year's, I don't have any concrete plans yet, but I've decided I will be happy with going out with friends and celebrating with them and a bunch of strangers, or sitting at home watching the ball drop on TV. Either way will be fine with me at this point.

2 comments:

  1. get some sleep! I'm know I'm exhausted... It will be sad not to wake up to another lipstick-scrawled love note in the morning. hehehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT WAS SO GREAT SEEING YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete