Saturday, August 25, 2007

First weekend of the show

We had an audience Thursday night, and opening night was Friday night. The preview on Thursday was great... the cast really brought all their energy and ability.. or so I thought. However, they brought even more on opening night! It was amazing. The director seemed very happy. Having been there from almost the very beginning, I have to say I'm proud of this cast and crew. They have put together an amazing show and they should be proud of themselves.

The job situation continues. I still have some resumes out. As I mentioned before, I declined a third interview with one company, and just got a letter from the other company I interviewed with saying they decided to go with another candidate. It's not really disappointing. They were not offering much more money than I'm making now and the last person doing the job only stayed a year. It wasn't on the top of my list, needless to say. I still have several resumes out, but haven't heard from them. One in particular is the one I really want. It's with the university and it sounds like a great job. I actually applied for two jobs at the university, so I'm just waiting to hear about those. I hope I get one of them, because if you work for the university, you can go to graduate school free. I would really like to do that!

The more involved I get in the theatre, the more it calls to me. I'm beginning to remember why I loved it so much. There is a beautiful, amazing energy that comes from creating a world that has the power to pull people in and keep them there, if only for a short time. It's why I love writing too, actually. For me, though, theatre is a hobby... writing is not. Not that I don't take theatre seriously, because I do, but it's not something I could do professionally, although in an ideal world it's what I would be doing. Acting and writing - those are my passions. Monday, I'm going to audition for Guys and Dolls at a different community theatre. I'm not certain I will get a big part, but I'm going to audition anyway. I love the show and I think it would be so much fun to be a part of it. Since it looks like I'm going to be involved in shows pretty frequently in the future, I'm going to stick with my writing in the morning schedule. I haven't been doing it this week, because of tech week, but I'm getting right back to it next week.

I'm glad it's Saturday. I had a migraine yesterday so I missed work. I hate to do that, but sometimes it's required. I slept until noon because of the medicine, and then just rested. When I get a migraine, all I can do is sleep or lie in a dark, quiet room. I'm completely worthless. Luckily, they don't happen very often.

Anyway, that's it for now. Laundry today. Show tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment