Saturday, August 19, 2006

It's coming through the window!!


This morning I was awakened by a buzzing noise. It started faintly and then grew louder and louder, until it was impossible to ignore. I looked out my bedroom window and saw this...

There was a crop duster right outside my window! You see, my house is next to a field. Every once in awhile, when it's time to spray the field, my house is buzzed by a crop duster. The small local airport is just down the road, so seeing small planes in the air above my house isn't unusual, but this crop duster looks like it's about to come through my window, doesn't it?

I stood at my window for a few minutes, watching the plane dive toward the field over and over again. Crop dusters are always interesting to watch, but I have to wonder if the stuff they are dropping on my neighborhood is safe for people and animals. I hope nothing lethal came into my house through the air conditioning. I was standing right over the air conditioner while it was spraying, and afterward I felt a little nauseated, but that may have just been nerves from all the crazy stuff that's going on right now, lol.

But anyway, it was certainly an interesting way to wake up in the morning, don't you think?

On to other subjects...

I still haven't heard from the job, but they did say it might be next week before I got a call. I'll give it until Wednesday or Thursday and then I'm going to assume they chose someone else.

I went to the Witchcraze rehearsal today and auditioned. I think it went well, but the director didn't say anything about giving me the part. She said she had to hear a few more people, so I assume she will call or email me to tell me if I got it. We listened and read the entire show tonight. It was interesting, very historically accurate (which was cool to me, since I'm fascinated by the Salem witch trials and all the insanity that happened during that time) The music was different. Very different. I liked it, though. It made more than one political statement regarding human rights (which was cool) and the end is very dramatic and cool.

So anyway, now I'm waiting for two people to call me back about things that could alter my future. It's interesting how things work sometimes...

3 comments:

  1. OMG see this is why we luv you...You know the difference between nauseated and nausious (SP? because it is not a word!!) I would not worry about the crop dusters They dropped stuff around my house like that all the time and look at me I turned out just fine...LOL Well on second thought maybe you should worry and call in the CDC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I'm really worried! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to visit Salem. I became interested in the witch trials my first year in college (the second time around) when we had to choose an event in the history of our nation and write a research paper on it.

    I chose the trials because I had read a little about them and the atrocities that were committed in the name of religion. It drives me crazy when people do horrible things and call it "God's work."

    Anyway, sorry about getting off the subject. While I was doing my research, I found a great Web site that had transcripts of the trials, so I read them. They were fascinating, and I couldn't believe people would behave that way. It's just another reminder that when we mindlessly follow what others say, we are most likely headed in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete