Thursday, August 17, 2006

Interesting days ahead

So as I wait to see if I get a call for a second interview for the new job, I continue doing my current job (which I really do love) and things are getting more interesting there by the day. We are doing a special day of events on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, and I think it's going to be a good day. It's so important to look back and move forward, isn't it? Being a part of the disaster relief effort was such a great experience for me, and I'm glad we have a chance to look back and reflect, while also unveiling a more effective approach at the same time.

Anyway, this day of events may be very exciting, but I can't really go into more detail about that right now. When I can, I'll say more.

I wrote a couple of pages of After the Storm today. As I said before, it's an interesting time to be working on this because the anniversary of Katrina is coming up. It's hard to believe it's been a year.

1 comment:

  1. Devon,

    I totally agree about Bush. Even my mother, who is a totally conservative republican who is usually extremely loyal to any president who claims to be a Christian is very annoyed with Bush right now. That's saying something. (obviously my parents and I have very different political thoughts, but we can agree on Bush, which is funny to me)

    Being part of disaster relief taught me so much about people and about government. If a small charity in South Alabama can get food to the people, why couldn't a massive government agency? I will never understand. And yes, I'm angry too.

    Thanks for the good luck. If I get this job, I'll be working in disaster relief even more because the job is with the Red Cross. And while I know they've gotten some bad press in the past, I know it's a good organization that does everything it can to help victims of all types of disaster, and I hope they give me the opportunity to be a part of that. Plus, it would be a huge step up in my career, which is always good!

    I've been writing every day, but some days what I write is immediately deleted! I'm trying really hard to convey the feeling of being in the middle of one of the worst natural disasters in American history and am finding it a bit difficult to say what I want to say. I don't usually have to labor over every word when I write. Normally the words just flow right out of me onto the page (or screen, which is more likely since I write on my computer) but this time it's not like that. This time, I'm choosing every word carefully. It's very different for me, but interesting...

    ReplyDelete