Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kaylee: Escape Artist

My name is Kaylee and I'm an escape artist.  Yesterday, I greeted my mommy at the door when she got home from work.  Now, normally, this would be normal behavior for a canine-American like me, but mommy and daddy keep little brother Simon and me in crates during the day so we don't destroy the house while they are gone.  They always come home for lunch and let us out to run and play for an hour, but when they have to go back to work, we go back in our crates.  They are really nice crates, bigger than we really need and right beside each other so we can talk during the day.  We usually nap most of the time.  But yesterday, daddy was in a hurry to get to the bank and back to work and he didn't lock the bottom lock all the way.  I saw immediately that I could get out with just a little effort.  And that's just what I did.  I had the run of the house for several hours!  And here is how I spent my time.  I tortured my little brother because he was still locked in his crate.  I tried to tell him I didn't have the proper hand dexterity to unlock his crate.  I stood outside his crate and looked at him for awhile, but when it became clear that I was only upsetting him (he pushed the bottom tray of his crate completely out of the crate itself out of frustration) I decided to explore the house alone.  I walked around, enjoying my newly discovered sense of freedom.  The humans had closed all the bedroom doors, so that was sad, but mommy left the bathroom door open. Awesome!  I drank from the toilet.  Sweet nectar!  Then I got in the bathtub and noticed some hair in the drain.  It was just a little, but I thought it would make a great snack.  I was wrong, because I threw it up later.  I drank from the toilet again, and then somehow fell into it.  I managed to get out, but then I was all wet.  So of course, I decided to roll around on the dining room floor for awhile!  I knocked pillows off the couch and went to the corner of the living room where my bed was, and rolled around on it for awhile.  That's when I threw up.  Yuck.  After that, I just rested for awhile.  Mommy came home later than usual because she got her hair trimmed.  I was waiting for her, looking out the window through the blinds.  I greeted her at the door and she freaked out.  I don't think I was supposed to be out of my crate.  She put me outside with my brother and I heard her on the phone with daddy.  I still felt a little queasy from the hair and soap I ate in the bathtub, so I ate some grass.

All in all, it was a glorious day filled with adventure and fun.  I can't wait to see if I can escape again sometime.  Maybe from the fence in the back yard.  I've done that before too...

No comments:

Post a Comment