Sunday, November 01, 2009

NaNoWriMo: Day 1

Current wordcount: 5,112
Today's wordcount: 5,112
Time spent writing: 2 hours
Time spent on NaNo Boards: 5 minutes
Time spent knitting a writer's block: none
Today's soundtrack: Fellowship of the Rings soundtrack
Today's mood: Pretty darn happy!

I'm doing things a little differently this year. I'm using NaNo to write large paragraphs for each chapter of the book rather than trying to mess with dialog (which tends to be my weak point and takes longer for me to write) I'm much better with description, so I'm getting all that out of the way and filling in the missing parts later. So in a way it's like a detailed outline, more detailed than the one I was working on before, which was basically just the chapter names and a sentence or two about what might happen during that chapter. This is much more detailed and I can see the book coming together in it. Some really cool details are jumping out, so that's really exciting. Today's writing has made me realize how much I've missed it and I know I need to start making time to write again. The story just kept coming to me as I was writing today. It was awesome. It's been a long time since I've been able to "fall through the hole in the page" and just write. I had forgotten how thrilling it can be!

Overall, a very good first day. There may be more later. Now that I've started, I'm not sure I want to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment