Thursday, November 05, 2009

Ug, the Caveman Musical

Yes, I did it. I tried out for Ug. Mostly because I wanted to be in another musical and it was the only option right now, but also because I heard the music and it's actually pretty clever. I was having a conversation last night with a friend about how some plays actually play alot better than they read and I think this is the case with Ug. There are some really cute moments, and I'm playing a really fun part. I get to sing a love duet, have a meltdown in the middle of a rehearsal, sing a jilted lover song, and then reunite with my true love - all in the same show! And I get to call my good friend Nicole a slut, which is always fun! So many great cast members will be a part of this production, and the director is one I've stage managed for before and I know he tries to make things fun. And fairly laid back, which is good!

So anyway, I got my script last night and I did all my highlighting. Today, I dropped it off to have the binding cut and have it spiral bound because it's just easier to work with that way. I have a feeling I'll be taking lots of notes on choreography. I hope it's really active and fun choreography because I always lose a lot of weight when I do a musical and this time I'm shooting for 30 pounds!

I think the audience will really enjoy themselves in this show. It's our season's fluff piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment