Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Epic Fail

Well, this year's NaNoWriMo is a complete and utter failure, but I'm okay with that. I've been spending my time doing other things I love. The great thing about writing is that you can do it anytime, not just in November. I plan to really concentrate on it in the coming weeks, but I'm not putting the pressure on myself to finish in November. I don't need that right now. The story is good and will get written. I'm giving myself a goal of finishing the first book and the rest of the outlines by the end of 2010. I think that's a reasonable goal - both challenging and attainable.

One really cool thing is that I've been hired to write a grant for a local arts organization. This is great, because it'll help me prepare to write my own grant for my theatre. I'm also going to look into some additional freelance opportunities. I know if I concentrate on it, I can get some work and start moving toward full-time freelancing. Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment