Saturday, July 02, 2005

I invented Post-Its: Anita's High School Reunion

So I got an email the other day about my 10 year high school reunion. Fairhope High School class of 1995 will be having its reunion this month. Our class motto was: "Trying to Survive, the Class of '95." I wonder how many of us actually did. I have recently wondered what everyone from my class has been doing for the past 10 years. I have maintained contact with a few people, but not many of them. I had quite a few friends and I knew everyone casually, but only a few of them are still my friends. I wonder what my best friend from middle school is doing right now. Her name is Melanie, and I'm sure she has an awesome life. Old boyfriends are another group I wonder about. What are they doing? Old crushes? I have absolutely been wondering about them! The sad thing is, I'm actually not going to be able to go to the reunion. It just happens to fall during the week and weekend that I am going on vacation to LA. I've never been to LA before, and my best friend and I are going for five days. We have tickets to see the first national tour of "Wicked" at the Pantages Theater in LA, and have plans to do all kinds of fun things while we are there. It's funny, she was invited to the reunion too and obviously isn't going.

I'm sort of afraid of what's going to happen at this reunion, actually. My evil ex husband graduated in the same class, and he is local so I'm sure he'll go. I can just hear the awful things he will say about me. But you know what? I can't care about that. He will get his eventually, if he hasn't already.

I need to watch Romey and Michelle's High School Reunion again. It always makes me laugh. I love their "three important things" that they have to have by the time they go to the reunion. They have to have a good boyfriend, a great body, and an awesome job. Even though I'm not going, I find myself thinking about that list.

So here's the rundown. I was married for a couple of years, but he cheated and we split. I haven't really dated much since then because I wanted to focus on other parts of my life for awhile. So I don't have a good boyfriend, but since that's not a priority for me, I'm not worried about that.

Okay, so I don't have a great body. I'm working on it, though. I've lost over 30 pounds since the beginning of this year, and am continuing to lose. I've been working out almost daily. So at least I'm on my way to having a good body! :)

As for the awesome job, I have to admit, I think I've actually got that one covered. As Development and Communication Coordinator of the Bay Area Food Bank, I get to do public relations, fundraising, event planning, and other PR related activities to help further our programs, which feed hungry people in the communities we serve. I've been able to do some traveling for my job, including Washington D.C. and Chicago this year. I'm going back to Chicago in August and will most likely return to DC sometime this year. I got to lobby in DC, which was such an awesome experience! I feel really blessed to have such a great opportunity to help people. I'm also working on a novel, which should be finished by the end of the summer. I'm hoping to have it published before the end of next year.

So one out of three isn't too bad, I guess. I wish the reunion could be a different weekend. I would like to see my old classmates, and I do feel the need to counter anything the ex might say. But alas, I'll be enjoying the California sunshine! I've been looking forward to this trip for about a year now, so ther'es no way I'm not going!

But if anyone reading this happens to be from Fairhope High School, class of 1995, and if you happen to go to the reunion on July 16, please remember not to believe anything Wayne might say about me, if he says anything at all. And I hope you have a great time! And please email me and tell me what you're up to these days! Or comment on my blog.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment