Sunday, May 01, 2005

What's happening in the world?

Lois Lane asked Clark Kent this question after he gave her a "super kiss" so she would forget his identity and the love they had shared. Sometimes I feel like asking that question, but in a different context.

What is happing in the world? We read newspapers, watch 24 hour news channels, and surf the Internet and get all this news. Mostly bad news. Now maybe I'm just feeling a little philosophical today for whatever reason, but I often wonder if we would have a better world (and better news) if we would stop concentrating on what's happening in the world and would ask a different question: "What can I do to make the world better?"

What can we do? Not to climb onto a soapbox or anything, but I think if each person was a little bit kinder, showed a little more compassion, we would not see so much bad news when we seek the answer to the question: "What's happening in the world?"

Ramble over.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks lily. It's good to know someone agrees. And that someone actually looked at my blog! lol

    ReplyDelete