Friday, May 06, 2005

"So why don't we go, somewhere only we know"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This picture is of my sister's daughter. She (and her two brothers) are the lights of my life. The above quote is from a Keane song. If you haven't discovered this band, you should. Anyway, I thought of this song today when I was at the beach with my sister's three children. We had a great time playing in the sand and the water. The kids posed for pictures and built sand castles. The above picture was not posed, however. It was simply a 2 year old girl's moment of reflection. I thought it was the perfect moment to capture. I guess this place, this moment, was the "somewhere only we know." I looked at this picture later this evening, after giving the kids a bath and putting them to bed and I realized how important it is to spend time with those we love. I mean, I knew it was important, but you know what I mean. This little girl who is looking so intently at the sunset in this picture was just a baby only a few weeks ago, and in a few months, she'll be a young lady. It's amazing how time flies. Geez, can I throw another cliche around? It's amazing how philisophical I can get at 1 a.m. I'd better stop now before I start saying "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" or something equally tired. I'll spare you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment