Thursday, May 12, 2005

"My life, on occasion, happens to suck beyond the telling of it."

As with many of Joss Whedon's lines (from Buffy, Angel, or Firefly) I really identify with the above quote. Spoken by Buffy, these words sometimes just float into my mind and are the most appropriate words to think and say. Right now I feel this way. And I have no idea why. Well, I guess it can have something to do with a little bit of letdown, because I've spent the better part of the last four months on a project at work that is now over. For some reason, now that this event is done, I feel a sense of loss about it. Also, I'm having one of those bouts of loneliness I wrote about in my previous post. My friends are busy, and my family is very involved with my sister, whose health is questionable right now. She's been going to doctors and having tests, which seem to point to frontal lobe seizures. And of course, they should be concerned with her and involved in the process of finding out what's wrong with her. I feel that way too, but for some reason, tonight, I feel like a teenager who is being neglected by everyone I care about. I feel like having a tantrum or something. I'm way to old for that, though. And even when I wasn't way too old, I didn't have tantrums. I always thought there were kind of stupid. Anyway, so I'm having a pity party right now. I'm serving "poor me" sandwiches and "pay attention to me" tea.

I feel like one of the characters in The Sims, the computer equivalent of playing with dolls. It's a truly remarkable computer game that everyone should try, but I digress. I feel like one of the characters because they always have a little meter that tells the player what levels the characters have of different important needs. There are bathroom, hunger and rest meters, but there is also a social meter. Right now, I feel like my social meter is completely red, which is a very bad thing. I need to interact with people and that's just not happening right now. I don't know what to do, apart from going somewhere and trying to meet new people.

Okay, this is getting to be a stupid little rant by a stupid little girl. Sorry about that. I should go now before it gets any worse.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:18 PM

    First off, you're not a stupid little girl. Secondly, I plan on causing green plus signs to appear out of the thin air above your head. "Brrrrrrrtheeeeeeee! Aie! Aie!" - That's Simmish for "Mmmm... Coffee!"

    ReplyDelete