Monday, September 05, 2011

In the Moment

I've been thinking a lot about the big moments in life and what we remember about them.  High school graduation, college graduation, wedding... all of these moments are a single day that celebrates something you have worked and planned for - but it's that one day you want to remember.

And it's often that one day that you don't remember much about at all.  I think it's because we, as people in general, are not good at living "in the moment."  We are always planning and thinking and remembering things we should have done or need to do.  We're so busy with the details that we forget the big picture.  The reason.

I find I'm most "in the moment" when I'm on stage.  I'm right there, acting and reacting and working with the people around me.  I'm feeling what I should be feeling and it's almost overwhelming at times.  And I love it!  So it's good practice, I guess, because the moment I marry Jon, I want to be there.  In that moment.  And nowhere else.

And you know what?  I want to do that with life in general.  You never know when a day is going to be an important day, so why not try to live in the moment every day?  That's what I'm going to try to do from now on.      It should be interesting... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment