Saturday, July 05, 2008

Things you may not know

I was browsing blogs on Ravelry and found this great one called Knit*Six. There was a cool meme on it that I thought I would do, so here it is!

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago, I was 21 years old. I was married to my high school sweetheart and was in college, majoring in vocal performance. Shortly after, I dropped out of school to work full time so he could finish school first. Two years later, at the age of 23, I was divorced and living back at home. I was also back in school. There are other posts on this blog that describe the reasons for the divorce, so I won't go into it here, but let's just say I'm much better off now!

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
1. Do laundry
2. Take car in for recall and service
3. Go grocery shopping
4. Take my nephew to see Kung Fu Panda
5. Finish inputting my vocal parts into the computer and make a practice CD

3) Snacks I enjoy:
Triscuits and cheddar cheese, dried mango, candied pineapple, apple slices, movie butter popcorn, chips and salsa, chocolate chip cookies, 100 calorie packs of various cookies, baby carrots with light ranch dressing, frozen grapes.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Buy a house for my sister and her three kids, give my parents enough to pay off their loans and do some home remodeling and improving, buy my dad a good truck, buy my sister a good minivan, set up college accounts for my sister's kids and set aside some for each to get a car at 16, buy a house for myself, pay off my student loans, pay off my car and probably give it to someone who needs it and buy myself a hybrid, start my children's theatre and put some money into a scholarship program for kids in low income families to get some arts education and experience, give some money to various charities that are close to my heart: Habitat, Catholic Social Services, a local homeless shelter, the home for sexually abused children in the area, etc. There is so much I would do if I only had the means to do it!

5) Places I have lived:
I haven't really lived in a lot of places. Just here in Fairhope, then in Mobile, then back in Fairhope. I'm okay with that, though. I love living here!

6) Jobs I have had:
So many! Childcare, rollerskating carhop at Sonic, singing waitress, retail associate, medical records clerk, medical transcriptionist, public relations intern, newspaper reporter, newspaper editor, newspaper photographer, columnist, development and communication coordinator, development and communication manager.

7) Bloggers I am tagging to do this, whom I would like to get to know better:
I don't really like to tag people, but I'll copy the blogger I took this meme from - if you read this and want to complete it, consider yourself tagged! Please let me know if you answered these questions, because I'd love to read your answers!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really nice blog. You've accomplished a lot! I may do the meme tomorrow or Monday.

    Ria (tonyfan20 at ravelry)
    http://shortattentionspantheatre-ria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete