Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Act 1, first run through

We ran Act 1 through for the first time last night.  It was pretty rough, but we managed to get through it without the whole thing unraveling completely, so I'll call it a win!  I had to call for a line twice - two different scenes - but I thought that was actually pretty good considering everything!  After the rehearsal, the director talked to us about starting to put some character into our characters.  She said nobody has gone too far yet, which means I need to stop holding back.  I've been sort of holding back in a couple of scenes because I'm interpreting them as very emotional and I'm not sure she agrees.  We will run Act 1 again tomorrow night, so I think I'll hit her with both barrels and see what she thinks.  She'll probably tell me to reel it in, but that's okay.

We run Act 2 tonight.  One of the girls will be out, but we'll get through it.  I wonder when we will work ourselves up to running the entire show in one rehearsal... it should be soon - I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment