Saturday, October 13, 2007

Geocaching adventures

My parents and I took the kids geocaching today. We had a great time, and found two out of the three we attempted. That's pretty good for us! I took my new camera and snapped a few good shots. Here's one:

It was such a beautiful day! The one cache we didn't find was near the Pitcher Plant Bog, which is a preserved area with the most interesting flowers and plants. Anyway, we thought it was along the main boardwalk, but it turns out the hiding place is a little more hidden. We found the "secret" path and went through the woods but still didn't find the treasure. The kids were real troopers, using sticks to move vines and small tree branches out of the way so that the trail would be easier to navigate. Noah even cleared the path of spider webs because Hannah doesn't like spiders. To tell you the truth, I don't like spiders either! Anyway, it turns out we stopped just short of the cache and our search was not successful. The GPS was a little wonky because of all the trees, I guess. Hannah started getting a blister on her foot, so we decided to turn back, but we decided to come back another day and find it. It was so much fun just to get outside and walk. The weather was amazing, not too hot but not too cool. We brought water with us and just had a great time walking through the woods and along the nature trails.

The blanket I started knitting for Kohl (the pretty one in shades of blue) didn't work out very well. The holes in the pattern didn't line up and it started looking very odd, so I ripped the entire thing and am going to start over. It was actually too small anyway, so it's okay. I'm going to start over, using a larger pattern. I'm afraid all three blankets will not be finished by Christmas, but that's okay. I'm not going to stress about it. That's my new philosophy... I'm not going to stress about anything anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! And I agree, don't sweat the small stuff!

    Hey, if you would like to find out more about Geocaching check out this great resource called Geocaching Online It has a regularly updated blog and hundreds of links to how-to's, information and more.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete