Monday, September 17, 2007

event eve

I have an event at work tomorrow. I'm not worried about it by any means, but there is always that sort of panic-filled moment when I know I haven't done everything I needed to do. It's just paranoia, though, because my event plan is very comprehensive and everything has been checked off my "to do" list for this event. Still, it's disconcerting...

The event is a small dinner party for 45-50 people. The only thing left to do (besides the setup that has to be done tomorrow) is create a good playlist on my iPod for the background music. I'm going with some nice jazz - a mix of classic and modern artists. I think that will create a nice atmosphere. I actually love doing events. There's something about planning and executing an event that really appeals to my super-organized side.

I think it's going to turn out great, and I'll be glad when it's over!

In other news:

The theatre I've been involved with since this February has asked me to join the board of directors! Of course, I accepted. I'm taking over the Publicity Chair position, which is perfect for me, and I couldn't be happier about it! I can't wait to get started. Also, I've accepted the lead in a Christmas musical that my church and another church are doing. It's actually a fairly challenging part and a good play, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll be directing too. I don't know how I get myself into these things...

The other fairly big thing I'm working on now is a knitting project. I'm making blankets for each of my sister's three kids, and one for my mother if I have the time. It's a lot of fun and very relaxing. I find I get less stressed when I'm working on a knitting project. I'll post some progress photos soon. It's a great project, and my first attempt at knitting lace patterns.

I've been editing Magnolia Tree. It's slow going, but I'm working through it. I did a little work on Deadly Council. Plotting work, not actual writing. I need to get back to the actual writing. It's been a few days since I've done any writing and I miss it. A lot!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:53 AM

    Sounds great! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete