Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Word for 2012

My word for 2009 was Passion.  My word for 2010 was Love.  I don't think I did a word for 2011, but looking back on the year, I would say that the word would be Anticipation or something to that effect.  So what should my word for 2012 be?  There are a few contenders that I'm considering right now and I will come up with a winner before Jan 1, but here's what I have so far and the reasons behind them...

1. Relax - I get so anxious about things sometimes.  Paranoid, even.  And I always think I should be doing something productive, even to the point of feeling guilty when I'm just sitting around doing nothing.  Of course, most of my current hobbies are fairly productive, so that helps.  I find it pretty relaxing to sew, knit, and crochet, and they are productive because I'm making something!  Maybe my word for 2012 needs to remind me to relax and enjoy life.  To take it as it comes.  To not get anxious or worried about things I can't control.

2. Organize - Pretty much the opposite of the previous word, right?  I need to get organized and stay that way. I have all these ideas on how to organize our home and our lives, but they never actually happen because I'm too "busy" to keep it going.  What's funny is, this is not a problem in a work environment, just at home.  Perhaps I need to focus on that this year.

3. Family - I have my natural family... mom, dad, Gina and her family.  And now I have Jon and the dogs.  And Jon's family.  Getting to know family members, some for the first time and some all over again, could be a great focus for this year.  I realized I've lost touch a little at Christmas when I thought Hannah was two years younger than she actually is!  I guess I missed the last two years.  :(  Well, I have been pretty busy.  Lol.

4. Focus - Rather than jumping from project to project, from idea to idea... perhaps I need some focus in my life.  I'm good at this at work, but not so much at home.  I will start a knitting project, for example, and then see something else that looks fun and awesome and start it too.  This leads to more unfinished projects than I have space for and a feeling of failure because I can't manage to finish anything!  And now with sewing becoming another fun thing for me to do, I can already tell I'm going to have the same problem there!

So, any thoughts on which word I should choose?  I'm open to suggestions for other words as well.  For some reason, I'm having a hard time coming up with a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment