Friday, December 23, 2011
I am making myself remember these things because I want to be the same kind of mother my mom was to me. And when we start trying to have children (and when we do, we will NOT be telling people because frankly, it's nobody's business until the stick shows two lines - or a plus mark or whatever those sticks say these days, lol) I want to keep in mind the lessons my parents taught us through simply being good people.
Lessons I carry with me to this day:
- Be kind and compassionate with everyone. You never know what someone may be going through at any given time.
- It really is better to give than to receive. Give more than you get, because you will be happier in the end.
- Keep God in your life and talk to Him often.
- Family is important. Keep them close to your heart, even when they can't be close to you physically.
- And so many other lessons I can't even repeat all of them.
So I want to take this moment to thank my parents for being so great. Not everyone had parents like I did, which makes me even more grateful for my childhood. I want my children to say that about us one day on their blogs or whatever they do in the future! I truly believe they will.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment