Sunday, February 01, 2009

Switching gears

Well, we had our last performance this afternoon. It was amazing and the cast really put their all into it, but now it's over. We all participated in strike, which really was a total strike of the stage since my auditions are coming up so quickly. We tore down the amazing trees that our TD built for us and that we all painted together before we opened. It was kind of a tough moment.

We all went to a restaurant for dinner afterward - and when it was time to say goodbye, it was hard, as always. It was difficult to say goodbye to my Quilters girls, but we have stayed in touch, mostly through facebook and email - and I have become very close with several members of this cast who I really hope will also stay in touch, probably through email and facebook as well. I know a few of them will be at future auditions, so I'm sure I'll see them then.

There is one person in particular that I really want to see again. Here's hoping.

One good thing about this is that I don't have a lot of time to contemplate anything. It's right into the next show for me, since my first auditions are this coming Friday and the production meeting is the next day. I need to prepare a lot of paperwork for the production meeting - prop lists, costume concepts, set concepts for the set designer, light plot, sound and music concepts, and character descriptions. I also have to choose my audition pieces for each character and get some copies made so people can read over the pieces before coming in to read. I hope I have a lot of choices. I want to cast it perfectly! Everything has to go "just right" for this show since it's my first directing job. I want to show the board that their faith in me was justified.

So yeah, it's time to switch gears from southern to British comedy, from modern times to 1922, from Alabama to England and then Italy. I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment