Quite some time ago, I very enthusiastically purchased 5 skeins of Patons wool yarn in a lovely sage. I planned to make an arrowhead lace shawl whose pattern contained only instructions I was familiar with or could look up online to identify. I felt sure it would be simple enough for me to complete without too much trouble. I was WRONG! The pattern is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but with the endless yarn-overs and no way to really keep track of how many you've done in any given row, I kept screwing up the pattern and having to rip it back. After ripping the entire thing back three times and then forgetting where I left off, I decided to make the shawl into a kerchief and do something else with the lovely wool. Here's the awesome kerchief that I made from the shawl. I somehow had just enough done to make it the perfect size.
I wear this thing all the time! It's perfect for keeping the hair out of the face when on the work site or when painting sets or just doing laundry. I even wore it when I took my nephew to Fort Morgan and to the beach, because it keeps my hair from blowing around.
So anyway, I've been searching for several months to find a good shawl pattern to use up this wool. It's so pretty and nice, I just had to find something good. I tried designing something, but it's going to be more of a stole, I think, and I wanted a triangular shawl, like the arrowhead lace should have been. So here's what I'm working on now:
This little beauty is called the Dragon Scales Shawl and I love the way the pattern is starting to emerge. I think it's going to look great! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and if I decide I like the pattern, I might get some variegated laceweight and do another one. It really should be done in laceweight rather than worsted like this wool is, but I wanted to use up what I had. I like substituting needles and yarn anyway, so it's fun!
So yeah, I'm having a blast with this pattern!
Post a Comment