Thursday, October 02, 2008

a spiritual journey

I've embarked on a spiritual journey recently and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it takes me.  I've started going to a new church and it's amazing.  I've gone to service about four times now, and this Sunday I'm taking my nephews and niece, and hopefully my sister will come too.  Sunday night I'll go to small group for the first time.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the small group is like.

I've also been doing a new devotional study called Walking With Frodo , which is a really neat study of the biblical lessons of Lord of the Rings.  I just started it a couple of nights ago, but I'm already really interested in the insights in the study and the thoughts it provokes.

Aside from all that, I'm just really paying more attention to how I conduct my everyday life.  It's one thing to be a Christian at church and another to be one all the time.  I'm working on practicing the truest form of Christianity - one that calls people to love everyone no matter what and to seek out those who need a friend.  If I can make a difference in one life because of the love I share, it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment