Monday, October 20, 2008

duck hunters, angels, and gators (oh my!)

My work at the theatre is getting even more interesting as the days go by!  I'll be stage managing the first production of the season.  It'll be my first time in this particular position, so I'm a little nervous, but I think it's going to be great.  I haven't read the script yet, but I hear it's hilarious.  Even the title is intriguing - "Duck Hunter Shoots Angel."  I can see the promotional poster now, set up to look like a supermarket tabloid with photos of the duck hunters holding angel wings (or something like that.)

The director set auditions for early November, so we're about to kick things into high gear again.  Another very interesting development is that we have a new board president now and he's got some really ambitious ideas about how to take our theatre to the next level.  I think it's long overdue and I can't wait to hear what he has to say.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to get this theatre to the point where it can have a small staff running everything full time?  I would take a pay cut to do that.  It's a dream job!  We could do it - I can see so much potential - but it's just a matter of getting out there and fundraising and offering more community classes and workshops to help promote the theatre better, and really becoming a true community theatre in the sense that everyone in the community feels comfortable coming to auditions and joining in the work that we do.  It's really important to me that we become more of a community theatre than we are right now.

Expect lots of fun updates from the rehearsals as soon as we start.  It will be interesting seeing it from a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment