Monday, June 02, 2008

Arrowhead lace shawl

I started this shawl because it's always cold at work. I wanted something that would be nice enough for work and to throw over a little black dress for a night at the theatre or symphony, but casual enough to wear over jeans and a nice top at the movies. I was planning to use a different pattern, but I could not figure out the cast on for the life of me and decided to choose an easier pattern. I'll do the other one later because it's beautiful, but I need some time to talk to my friends on Ravelry and see if someone can explain the provisional cast on to me in words I can actually understand! I love this pattern, though. It's a lot of fun to watch the "arrowheads" appear. Here's a picture of the first repeat and a couple of rows into the next one. The yarn is Patons Wool in Leaf Green. I love the color and the texture of the yarn. So much better than working with acrylic. So here it is...


I'm still working on the Christmas throw. In fact, when I leave for Indianapolis next week, I'm taking the Christmas throw squares for the plane with my acrylic needles to make sure they don't get confiscated and I'll put the shawl in my suitcase for evenings after the sessions - and after any nightlife I decide to experience. I've had some great suggestions from Ravelry friends on what to do while in Indy, so hopefully it'll be a fun trip. Even the conference sessions sound interesting, so I should have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment