Sunday, July 29, 2007

magnolia tree

I read back through Magnolia Tree yesterday and today, and I know where I need to go from here. I'm going to outline the rest of the story this afternoon so I can get a lot done in August. I can't wait to finish this story and start working out the details for Deadly Council. And then After the Storm. And then... and then...

Draha consumes my mind. I'm not sure I can wait until the beginning of the year to start writing. I know I need to live with the idea for awhile and really work on the world, but I'm so excited about the idea and I really want to start! I posted the map on my wall next to my computer, so anytime I start working I see it. I'm waiting, though, because I want to start after the preparation is finished rather than just going without any direction.

I sent out another resume, and I'm going to send out a few more tomorrow. I really want to move on to another job with more responsibility and more focus on what I really want to do. I truly believe I'm ready for a director position, and I'm going to keep trying until I get one!

I've been feeling a little lost lately, a little unfocused and blue. I feel like my spiritual life is lacking and I really want to do something about that. I need to pay attention to certain areas of my life. I used to have a list of methods for spiritual, emotional, mental and physical renewal. I think I need to revisit this list and see where the problem is and what I can do to fix it. I'm fairly certain I need to do some things from each list. I'll report on the progress later.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Good work on the writing front. You'll find when you sort out the job direction, the spiritual worries will lessen. You feel it now because you know you're not where you're supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete