Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Lots of stuff...

I was just watching Law and Order: SVU and they previewed next week's new episode. It appears that the victim took a picture of her killer with her camera phone. So that makes me really glad I just bought a camera phone, lol. Of course, I don't know that I would have the presence of mind to actually take a picture while being murdered. Let's hope we never have to find out.

I went to a disaster response meeting today, in preparation for this year's hurricane season. It starts June 1, which is only 2 months and 17 days away. Yes, I'm counting. Down here, you can see how afraid everyone is. There's this sort of fear in their eyes that I've never really seen before. People who were once easy going are tense. Like me, for example. I've always been very casual about hurricane season, but this year I'm terrified. I guess because now I've seen what storms can really do and I don't ever want to see it again. Here's hoping, anyway.

I was going to go to an audition this evening, for a local community theater's spring musical. But I developed a migraine this afternoon and it hadn't gone away by the time I needed to leave for the auditions, so I passed. It was the last day of the auditions, so I'm just going to have to wait until next year. I hate that, though, because I really miss being on stage, especially singing on stage. (what I wouldn't give to play Elphaba in Wicked!)

There's an extremely important decision in my future, and I'm trying to figure out what to do about it. Luckily, I've been blessed with great friends who have given me lots of advice. I think I've decided what to do for now, but in the future there may be an even bigger decision. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, though. For now, I've made a preliminary choice and I'm going to go with it. For now.

Still haven't purchased a new car, but the research is almost over. I had a nice time this evening customizing some cars on the various Web sites, some I could afford and some just for fun. I think I've narrowed it down to a few models, and the top of the list so far is the Honda Civic sedan. I'd really like the two-door sporty version, but I think the sedan makes more sense. I can't get the blue one because that's what Rhea has, and they don't have a good green one (which is sort of my signature color now) so I'm thinking black (even though it gets really hot down here) or maybe silver. I'm afraid silver will be like white, though, and will show dirt really easily. Considering the time I don't have to wash my car, I need something that will sort of blend with the dust from the road, lol. I'd really like to go with the red one. It's not candy-apple red, but more of a dark red.. very classy.. but I've heard that makes your insurance higher. Which is stupid, in my opinion. Has anyone noticed that I seem to have a lot of opinions? That's just me... lol...

That's all I can think of for now, except for the fact that there is still no place to live in Mobile and my commute is really becoming a pain. I think half the motorists in the morning are still half asleep when they drive across the Bayway. I know I am... lol... (not really)

Well, time for bed. Thanks for reading my completely random rants/thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment