Monday, March 06, 2006

Feeling better now

You know, when it rains, it pours. I got the rejection letter this weekend, and then promptly got sick. I started having sinus problems during the weekend and today was the worst. Headache, coughing, and I couldn't talk for most of the day. But thankfully, (and an extra-special thanks to Advil Cold and Sinus medicine) I'm feeling like a person again. Seriously, that stuff is a miracle in the form of gel-caps. So anyway, I spent today in a medicine-induced haze. But something else happened today, I realized that the way I was feeling about the rejection letter was just self-pity and completely nonproductive. So now it's over and I'm back in action. I've ordered a 2006 Writer's Market Guide and am going to jump right into the research as soon as I get it in the mail. According to amazon.com, it'll be at my door in a couple of days. I hope it's sooner rather than later, because I've also ordered a gift that I really want to have before the day I'm supposed to have it. Is that vague enough, lol? There are a few significant birthdays coming up and I am horrible about waiting until the last minute to buy gifts. I think it's because I always want to buy the perfect thing, and so I have to really pay attention to people and what they say they want or need so I can get it for them. I don't know if this gift is going to be the perfect thing, but it will hopefully be a good one.

I'm constantly amazed by the way things work out in this world. Tonight I was on the phone with a dear friend, and he said something to me that was so moving, so sweet, and so amazing that I'm still smiling about it, 3 hours later. I won't go into detail because I know he would probably not like it, but I have to say.. you know who you are, you know what you said, and I really appreciate it. You really made my day, at a time when I needed it most. It's nice to know that people appreciate the values you work hard to live by, and that they notice that you do, indeed, live by them. It is especially amazing when the person who says something is someone who doesn't say things like that. So thank you, my friend. And the thing I admire most about you? You always make everyone around you happy, just by walking into a room. Your smile, your very presence, are gifts that you give to the world just by being you. Don't ever change, and promise me that we will always be friends.

So it's been a roller coaster lately, but that's the way it usually is for me. To everyone who has been so supportive, both online and in person, thank you so much. And a special thank you to Scott. I really believe I wouldn't have been able to deal with the rejection letter if I didn't have you to support me. Your attention and affection, especially this weekend, meant more to me than I could ever express. I am so lucky that you came into my life when you did, and I can't imagine life without you. I really hope I never have to. (okay, that got sappy, but I don't care)

I guess I'm feeling pretty sappy today. Maybe I'm still under the influence of the Advil Cold and Sinus medicine, lol. I'd better close this post before I start making no sense at all. I'll write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment