Monday, January 02, 2006

The New Year

Hmmmm.... The first two days of the new year were very much like the last few days of the old one. (okay, I need to use that as a first sentence for something)

Today's good news is that I managed to get some cleaning and some laundry done. Also, my mom and I had a great time this afternoon watching episodes of Scrubs from my DVD sets. I can't wait until season 3 comes out. Such a funny show... I hate that I lost track of it. I absolutely plan to pick it back up when it starts this month, though. I can't wait to see what's going on now.

As for the writing, which I'm sure everyone is curious about, yesterday I managed 935 words, which was over my daily goal of 685 words. Today I didn't write any, but that's because I was busy watching Scrubs. yeah, that's a good excuse. I'll catch up tomorrow, though. I don't have any big plans tomorrow night, so I can write a lot. Hopefully.

Okay, this is totally off topic, but I just saw an advertisement for a new movie that had shots of someone with a chainsaw coming toward a guy in a chair. I'll pass on that one, thanks. I try to avoid movies that have guys with chainsaws at all costs. yuck.

Okay, sorry about that commercial break. I was just really disturbed by that ad. So tomorrow is the first day of work for the new year. I have now officially been at my job for a year. Oddly, it only feels like a few months. But I still love it and can't wait to see what this year will bring. Although it's not a good sign that there's a tropical storm out there... in January... (is it still out there?) I'm certain it won't come see us, but still. Talk about overkill.

Anyway, it's getting late and The Colbert Report is almost over, which means it's almost time for bed. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Still off topic...

    I watched "Serenity" and enjoyed it. A buddy of mine has all of Firefly on DVD and I just watched the premiere two parter tonight. I have two words -- AWE SOME.

    As for the post? My advice is to keep writing and forget television.

    ReplyDelete