Thursday, January 26, 2006

A lovely trip to DC!

Last year, just after I started my job, I went on a work-related trip to Washington, DC. While I was there, I met up with someone from a site I frequent and we had a really great time. She lives there, and was able to show me around, which allowed me to experience the city in a much better way than if I had just been going around all by myself.

Also while in DC, I went to a conference for the Food Research Action Center (FRAC). The conference was amazing, and I really feel like I learned a lot. I also met many people who also work for food banks, in their policy departments, and learned about their jobs and what it means to lobby for hunger awareness and support for hunger relief programs. And then we actually did lobby for hunger awareness and support for hunger relief programs. It was incredible.

Well, anyway, I just found out that I'm going again. I can't wait to go back to DC and experience everything again. Oh, and when I was there last time, it snowed. I had never seen real snow before, only the little flurries mixed with sleet and rain that we get down here. I really had to control myself, because all I wanted to do was throw snowballs and make snow angels. But that wouldn't have been very professional. I can just see me lying in the snow in my business suit, and then getting up, brushing the snow off, and going into the Senate office building. Quite a picture, lol.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it and I just had to share.

In other news, Rhea is going to start working on my Web site this weekend. I'm so excited about how it's going to turn out. And I don't usually get into things that are too personal and involve someone else, but I have to say this. I've been seeing someone. It's going really well so far. And that's all you get, so don't ask! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment