Monday, October 24, 2005

Ouch

So I started my workout program again today and... OUCH! I was doing so well before the stupid hurricane and then work sort of took over my life. For the past few months I haven't wanted to do anything but crash when I get home, but I have really needed to get back into the exercise routine. It's funny how a couple of months away from something can feel like a year, especially exercise! My X-Box exercise program told me to do the flexibility workout, which means lots of yoga. You would think a pose called "plank" would be just sort of lying on the floor like a plank of wood. Guess what... it's not like that at all! You know the "up" part of a push up? That's plank pose. And you're supposed to hold it for 25 seconds, which, let's be honest, feels like half an hour when you're as out of shape as I am!

So now I'm in pain when I move, and when I'm not moving... and when I'm lying down. But I know it gets better if you just keep doing it, so I'm going to get back into the routine of working out every day. I'm considering getting up early every morning to do it, maybe start my day off doing something energetic so that I don't have to fight the urge to nod off during my morning commute. That's a little scary, trust me!

I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting to say, but The Daily Show is almost on and I need to concentrate on the adorableness that is Jon Stewart! I hope he has a good guest tonight. I loved Viggo Mortenson on the show a couple of weeks ago. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment