Sunday, October 23, 2005

My insane ramblings...

Nothing really important to report. I was off work on Friday, which was nice. I spent the day wandering around the beautiful virtual world of Myst III: Exile on my X-Box. I actually solved the first two ages and am now stuck on the third. It was a very relaxing day. Friday evening Rhea and I went to see Stay, a movie starring Ewan McGregor and Ryan Gosling. I will most likely post a review of it on my Casual Critic blog, but not yet. I'm still working out what it meant, if anything. I will say that it was interesting and fun to try and figure out. Plus, it was scary in a way, and I've been in the mood for scary movies lately.

Actually, I'm still in the mood for scary movies. I always am this time of year. Last year, the weekend of Halloween, I watched scary movies pretty much nonstop, because several of the cable channels were broadcasting scary movie marathons. I watched several that I hadn't seen before, which was cool. Maybe they will do it again this year. Or maybe Rhea and I can have another scary movie marathon like we did last year. That was fun. She says she wants to go somewhere this year where she can dress up. I don't have any idea where that might be, but I'm looking into it. I have no idea what kind of costume I would wear, but it will be fun to figure out if I can find a place to go. None of our friends are having parties, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to find something.

It's funny, today I was telling my mom that I'm in the mood for Christmas already. I guess because this summer was so bad with the hurricanes and everything that I just want the holidays to come. It's always so much fun to decorate and buy gifts for everyone. I really want to go caroling this year. So yeah, I'm completely insane for thinking about Christmas in October. I guess because I was cleaning out my closet the other day and found my little fiber optic Christmas tree that I bought for my office when I worked at Thomas Hospital. This year I'll probably take it to my office at the food bank. I guess I'll have to wait until Dec. 1 to do that. :)

In other news, I got my car title in the mail this week. My car is officially mine, after five years of paying for it! yay! Hopefully it'll last awhile, since absolutely can't afford a new car at this time.

And can you believe it? Tropical Storm Alpha? What in the world???? We are in no danger from this storm, but it still amazes me that we have gone through the entire list. I can't recall that ever happening, at least not in my lifetime. Very strange times.

That's pretty much all I can think of that's going on right now. For anyone who is interested, my family is doing great. My nephew Kohl (2 years old) just had surgery, but he's doing fine. Gina's other two kids, Hannah and Noah are also doing great. Hannah (3 years old) wants to be a ballet dancer and Noah is reading at a 7th grade level (he's 9 years old, by the way) so they're both amazing kids. My parents are also doing fine. Dad's gearing up for a busy Christmas season, his handcrafted ornaments are more in demand than ever. I'm thinking of getting him to do a few for my coworkers, just as a nice little Christmas gift. So now I've arrived back at Christmas. That's strange. I guess that means it's time to go. I'll do more later.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM

    Hey, Anita! It's Diane in Tallahassee. I just read your post about feeling "insane for thinking about Christmas already," and it's only October. Well, my dear, you are not insane at all! I *always* think of Christmas "way too early" for most folks.

    I begin to listen to my favorite Christmas music in late summer or early fall. There's a CD I listen to more than any others called "A Christmas Festival." Our music ministry performed it about 15 years ago, but to me it is timeless and soooo beautiful. Meaningful words, gorgeous melodies. Many of the old familiar Christmas tunes (carols, O Holy Night, etc.) but arranged in new, memorable ways.

    I put that CD on, crank up the volume and lose myself in the music. It certainly seems to make the housework get done more quickly!

    Hey, maybe we'll see you at Thanksgiving! Tell everybody hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! I do hope to see you at Thanksgiving! Our Christmas musical is going quite well. The choir is very excited about it. I'm doing a video presentation to go with it so we will have some live acting and some video to enhance the message. It's something I consider fun, so I'm looking forward to getting started on it. I'll have to look for the CD you were talking about. I love Christmas music! I hope everyone is doing well. Tell them I said hello. (my mom says hi back, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete