Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pregnancy Journal: Symptoms

What are your cravings? 
Being only in the first part of the second trimester and knowing this is bound to get worse as the pregnancy progresses, I can only give an "up to now" update.  So far, my main cravings have been peanuts/peanut butter, and sharp cheddar cheese.  Not together.  I have had other cravings too, including potatoes (done any possible way) ice cream, chocolate, Dorito's chips, pickles, and salad.  I have craved Chinese food on several occasions and pizza a few times too.  


Do you have morning sickness?
Not to the extreme that some women experience it.  I read that any kind of nausea is considered morning sickness, and if that is the case, I have had it.  It's pretty much gone now, but for most of the first trimester, I felt nauseated pretty much all the time.  And the heartburn when I did eat something was pretty bad.  I had to take medication for that and am still taking it.  Even drinking water would give me heartburn!  I haven't thrown up at all, though.  And for that, I am very grateful.


What other pregnancy symptoms do you have? 
I have experienced a few food aversions, mostly grilled chicken and cooked vegetables.  The exhaustion has been pretty bad.  Even before we found out I was pregnant, I was getting sleepy before 9 pm.  That trend has continued through today, except I can sometimes actually stay awake until 10!  It's very nice when I can do that.  I pay for it the next day, though.  Sooo sleepy...
I've had some emotional symptoms too.  I'm more irritable than usual, and less likely to tolerate stupid people.  That's always been a problem for me, but now it's magnified about 100 times!  I'm crying at odd things, too.  Sad news stories, TV shows, movies... they are all getting to me like never before.  And if I see a baby, I'm squealing like a little girl.  "sooooo cuuuuuute!"  Sometimes I don't recognize myself!

2 comments:

  1. Please suggest me some nutritional diet that keep me active to do a regular and light physical exercise during my pregnancy.





    Sheila Burnett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no doctor, so I don't know that I'm really qualified to suggest anything. What I'm trying to do is simply eat good things (fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grain, etc.) and I do allow myself to give in to the cravings when they are strong. Mostly because I know if I don't, I will overeat everything else until I get the thing I'm craving! There are some great online resources that will give you good nutrition suggestions. I would google some things and try to find something that works for you. Your doctor will also have some ideas.

    As for exercise, I don't do anything heavy. I've been walking the dogs and will start doing that even more now that I'm getting some energy back. You can also do most yoga poses, just avoid those that put you on your back or your stomach. Stretching is supposed to be great for labor and for pregnancy in general. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete