This pic is of the camera and the case. The yarn was dyed with Kool Aid: Berry Blue, Cherry and Strawberry.
The camera, in case anyone is curious, is a Kodak Easy Share, with 8 megapixels and a 4 x optical (3 x digital) zoom. I bought a 2 GB memory card and it will hold over 1600 photos. I haven't taken video with it yet, but the photos are pretty good. It's great for a purse camera.
I didn't use a pattern for this case. I just picked a set of double pointed needles that I knew would work with the yarn (Paton's Wool) and worked in the round. I used the full set of needles (4 for the stitches and 1 working needle) and had 10 stitches on each of the 4) This was perfect to go around the camera I bought. Your camera may be larger or smaller, so work with the yarn until you have the right number of stitches for your camera's size. I worked in the round until it covered the entire camera, then bound off the two sides and the front.
The back flap has to be worked in stockinette because you are no longer working in the round. I just used two of my double pointed needles and worked back and forth like normal, knitting one row and purling the next. On the knit rows, I did a K2tog on each side to get the shaping and then stopped to do the little flap for the velcro. Eventually, I'll sew a button onto the outside of the little flap to make it look a bit better. So that's it! Total knitting time was about 1 hour, but if you're faster than me, it won't take that long.
Post a Comment