Monday, April 21, 2008

life decisions

I've made a very important decision. I'm going to really watch my spending and focus on paying off some debt. My student loan goes to the second tier of repayment in October, so the payment will double. Luckily, there are only two tiers and I'm making more money now so it won't really affect too much, but I've been thinking about something lately that will be a lot easier if I don't have a lot of outside debt. I think I want to buy a house. Either a house or a condo - but I really want to own something. I figure if I really save and pay lots of extra payments on my car and get rid of the credit cards, I can be debt free (except for the student loans, of course, in a little over a year. Then, I can find the perfect house - or have one built. I'm very excited about this idea. Of course, it means I won't be able to go on shopping sprees when I get paid anymore, but I can live with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment